TechAirlines is a blog mainly focused on technology, therefore, we are looking for experienced individuals who are genuinely interested in computers and technology and enjoy working with them.
We are especially looking for people to write opinion articles (give opinions about a certain issue in the tech world).
What does writing for TechAirlines get for me?
- Your writing and opinions are exposed to a different audience.
- Your very own author page. This page contains your name, picture (Gravatar), bio (with a link to your own website), registration date, and Twitter info.
- Your name and bio (with a link to your own website) at the bottom of your posts.
- When someone shares your post using one of our Tweet buttons, your Twitter will be listed as a recommended account to follow.
Rules and Guidelines
As of May 2012, these rules are strictly enforced and your account will not accepted and/or your post will not be published if it violates the rules in this section.
- Obviously, your post must be related to technology.
- You do not need to have your own website or blog, but if you link to a site in your bio, it must be your own (not your client’s or employer’s) and be related to technology.
- The article must be written by you. You are getting the credit, so you should be the one writing.
- It is okay to link to your own site if it is relevant to do so. Do not mention a slightly related example just to add a link. These easily stand out and the link will be removed without notice.
- For example, if your post is about the popularity of tablets, adding one sentence about how people use them to book hotels does not justify a link to a hotel booking site.
- Link to your site using the site’s name as the anchor text, not a keyword. Using keywords makes the link seem too much like a paid link.
- The post/article should not be reproduced anywhere else on the web including your own blog (neither party benefits from duplicate content). Neither of us want search engine penalties. We will check for plagiarism.
- No affiliate or referral links allowed.
- Exceptions are made if there is a benefit for the user if he/she registers through an affiliate link.
- If an exception is made, the benefit of using the link and the fact that its an affiliate/referral link must clearly be disclosed in the post, along with a non-referral link next to it.
- No link cloaking. Link to the actual page, not a redirect page.
- Articles must have at least one image (logo, screenshot, photo, etc…)
- Any images used in the post cannot mess up the design of the site. We may modify the file type, name, and dimensions of images when necessary.
- Please use heading tags to separate sections.
- Please be sure all grammar and spelling are correct.
- Use quotation marks or blockquotes for citing other’s writing.
- We may proofread your post for mistakes. We will also add Tags and Categories. Your actual content will never be modified without your permission. Anything added by us will be labeled “Editor’s Note”.
- Cite images when necessary. This can be added to the end of the post or in the image caption in the format Image Source: URL.
We reserve the right to modify the above information at any time.
Ready to Apply?
- Read the rules above.
- Register an account with us. The registration code is guestpost842. You can click to register through this link to have the code entered in automatically. This code is to stop spammers as well as ensure that you have read the rules.
- Fill out your profile information, such as your author biography and Twitter username. Your bio information is required.
- Contact us and provide your username.
- We will look over your account and upgrade it so you can submit articles for review.
- Submit your articles directly through the WordPress Dashboard. Please note that submitting posts does not guarantee that it will be accepted/published.
- You didn’t register. If no username is provided in the message, we will look for an account registered under your provided email address.
- Unless you are experiencing trouble registering, you must register an account yourself.
- Your did not fill out your bio information. Please fill this out with some information about yourself and contact us again.
- Your website is irrelevant or rather suspicious and/or your links seem like spam.
- You clearly did not read the rules above.
When will my post be published?
Guest posts are generally published on Wednesdays. Exceptions are made for time-sensitive posts, such as news. You can also request a specific day for your post to be published.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.